Associate Director of Corporate Performance
With more than ten years’ experience in senior executive roles in policing Heather brings a wealth of experience in criminal justice and in working to with local communities. She has held senior management posts in the Metropolitan Police Service and was Deputy Chief Constable in Hertfordshire, heading an ambitious programme of change. She led the start of the Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire collaboration programme which later extended to Cambridgeshire and has significant experience of ensuring change delivers the anticipated positive results.
A passionate leader of people, her skills include looking at the overall corporate health of an organisation to ensure that it operates ethically and effectively. She has also delivered innovative programmes that ensure victims of crime receive better services. She was a senior member of the Garda Inspectorate and member of the Police and NCA Remuneration Review bodies for three years, advising Government on pay and remuneration across policing nationally. She is currently a Non Executive Director with the Department of Justice, Northern Ireland and with Dorset Healthcare University NHS Trust. Her voluntary work includes that of Trustee with Watford Community Sports Trust and as publicity officer for SSAFA the Armed Forces Charity, across Dorset.
- Delivered significant change programmes within the criminal justice sector delivering nationally recognised good practice including the Beds. and Herts. Major Crime Unit.
- National Lead for Women’s mentoring and development for senior women officers and police staff,
- Worked with NHS and other partners to deliver better services to vulnerable victims of crime including those experiencing domestic violence and sexual abuse,
- Delivered a wide ranging inspection and evidence based report on crime investigation to the Minister for Justice in Ireland,
- East of England lead for serious and organised crime, delivering improved ways of tackling organised crime with other stakeholders,
- Recently appointed Non Executive member of the oversight boards for the Department of Justice in Northern Ireland.