Working in communications and public affairs for 15 years, Jo brings her expertise in the political and voluntary sector to deliver high-quality, politically sensitive campaigns and communications. From managing media and stakeholders in fast-paced General Election campaigns to advising senior politicians, in government and opposition, Jo understands how to improve communications in the public sector.
At Crest, Jo develops strategic communications and stakeholder engagement plans, ensuring an organisation maximises its outreach. Jo writes engaging content and influences news coverage using both stories and campaigns. She combines traditional communications with digital and social media to deliver innovative solutions for clients. A fluent French-speaking, Yorkshire mum, Jo is dedicated to social justice.
- Developed strategic regional engagement plans and delivered communications management for Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse.
- Provided strategic advice, stakeholder and media management for Rt. Hon. Ed Balls MP.
- Liased with local and national Government to develop and deliver creative engagement projects for young people at the Youth Association.
- Influenced youth policy, in particular young people in and leaving the care system for Catch-22 .
- Parliamentary advisor to Rt. Hon Yvette Cooper MP.