We are currently recruiting for:
Policy and Insight Manager
Who are Crest Advisory?
We are a growing, vibrant consultancy, specialising in criminal justice, policing and security. Based in central London, we have clients across the UK, from central government departments and national policing bodies, to police and crime commissioners, elected mayors, public inquiries, NGOs and businesses. We help our clients to achieve greater impact by combining policy and technical insight with expertise in communication and engagement.
We are a multi disciplinary team, with a diverse range of perspectives and experiences, from former government advisers to police officers, from communications specialists and prison charity caseworkers to academics. But we all share a common goal: safer and stronger communities. We thrive on working together, ensuring our judgement and clarity is never compromised.
Our team have worked on some of the biggest and most important issues out there – from supporting police forces and elected authorities as they tackle serious violence and knife crime, to helping public inquiries and high profile independent commissions build trust and confidence. No day is the same and each sees our team engaged in a range of fascinating, challenging and hugely rewarding projects.
Our last staff survey told us that people who work at Crest, do so because of the great people, the drive and thirst for work, and the effort that goes into bringing people together. Our work covers some of the most serious subject matters out there, but we prioritise working as a team and living our values. Being collaborative is one of our core values – it means we share our knowledge and learning, support each other and work closely together to delivering outstanding results for clients and, importantly, enjoy our work. We are also courageous, challenging and credible in the way we develop our business, deliver for clients and operate as a team.
Policy and Insight Manager: Role Profile
Main Purpose and Scope
- Carry out high quality analysis in service of projects undertaken on behalf of clients and ensure the analysis is presented in a compelling way
- Manage projects from proposal stage through to completion, including client interface and account management
- Support the Head of Strategy and Insight in building a thriving business unit and integrating communications in all areas of our work
- Support the Communications business unit to integrate communications with strategy and insight
- Work with the team’s other manager and the Head of Strategy and Insight to ensure an effective, multidisciplinary approach across the team and wider organisation
- Build partnership and alliances with like-minded companies and individuals and engage with senior stakeholders on behalf of clients and for internal purposes.
Position in Organisation
- Reports to: Head of Policy and Insight
- Responsible for: Policy, research and analysis projects as required across the organisation
- Budget responsibilities: as delegated by clients
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Conduct high quality analysis in the service of projects and for wider thought leadership efforts
- Develop proposals and budgets for new work
- Manage policy and insight projects and products which achieve impact and enhance Crest’s reputation for excellence
- Support the Head of Policy and Insight in developing high quality products for clients and for wider use
- Support the Head of Policy and Insight and Head of Communications and Campaigns in managing client programmes, and ensuring proper systems of governance / oversight are in place
- Line manage staff as required
- Quality assuring analysis produced for clients and / or as part of wider thought leadership efforts
- Support the MD in shaping overall business strategy and establishing and maintaining systems for overseeing the effective delivery of Crest client work, including time, profitability, impact etc
- Ensure appropriate recording of activities in line with Crest Advisory processes
- Ensure that events and projects are delivered on time and to budget
- Share information as appropriate to team in a timely manner
The post-holder may be asked to complete tasks not listed above but which are within the scope of the role.
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Cooperation with health and safety policies
- Adhere to confidentiality requirements
- Commitment to CREST’s company values
- Collaborate with and behave respectfully towards colleagues
A competitive salary will be paid dependent upon skills and experience, ranging between £40,000 and £50,000 per annum (pro-rata).
You will work from our London office, 40 hours per week full-time; a part-time arrangement can be considered.
Benefits include 25 days holiday per annum, pro-rata, plus 8 public holidays, participation in the pension scheme which is a minimum of 3%, flexible working is available to all employees, subject to availability; other benefits include season ticket loans for transport, childcare vouchers and “cycle to work” scheme.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a one page covering letter to email@example.com stating why you are applying for this role.
The deadline for applications is Friday 8 February 2019.
Please indicate in your letter whether you are interested in a full-time or part-time position.
If you wish to discuss the role informally, please call 020 3542 8993 and speak to Sarah Kincaid.