Director of Communication
A highly experienced communicator, Charlotte has worked in some of the criminal justice sector’s most challenging environments over the last 15 years. Charlotte now leads Crest’s communications work delivering projects for independent inquiries, the police and for central and local government.
Charlotte has the ability to master complex and often sensitive subject matter, and communicate it well and with empathy to the media and public. With her engaging style, Charlotte delivers campaigns with confidence and understands the needs of an audience. As a mother of three young boys, Charlotte is suited to roles that require expert juggling and forensic planning, combined with the ability to adapt to ever changing situations.
- Led the communications team for the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse.
- Led communication programmes for Independent Police Complaints Commission including G20, the shooting of Mark Duggan and subsequent London riots, and UK response to police corruption.
- Led communications for Hillsborough investigation including parliamentary, stakeholder and digital communications.
- Head of press and communication for Attorney General’s Office
- Provided strategic counsel on communications and media relations to a high profile and sensitive public inquiries and inquests
- Led messaging work for powerful thought leadership campaigns for private sector clients in the policing sector.